- Why America’s obsession with STEM education is dangerous
- Beyond Bossy or Brilliant: Gender Bias in Student Evaluations » Sociological Images
- Why White People Freak Out When They’re Called Out About Race
- Education becomes policing, and the school to prison pipeline is strengthened.
- Leisure time is a feminist issue.
- Karlsruhe: Bundesverfassungsgericht kippt pauschales Kopftuchverbot für Lehrer
- Journalist Mely Kiyak transforms hate mail into spoken word act
- Ferguson shows how a police force can turn into a plundering ‘collection agency’
- Unbelievable. http://t.co/rzdQIYezkW
- Die Weißwaschung und Aneignung von Black Studies in Deutschland – Ein Community-Statement
- 2014: Hohes Maß an rassistischer Gewalt und Hetze gegen Flüchtlinge | Netz gegen Nazis
- I read only non-white authors for 12 months. What I learned surprised me | Sunili Govinnage | Comment is free | The Guardian
- We don’t need more STEM majors. We need more STEM majors with liberal arts training.
- Gender, race, religion, faith? Rethinking intersectionality in German feminisms
- A favorite winter hike!
- Black Germans
- Digital Humanities
- Educational Technology
- Foreign languages
- German studies
- Humanities Education
- Immigration Europe
- Islam in Europe
- Racism in Europe
- Racism in the US
- Religion in Europe
- Turkish German Community
Violence and Gender in the "New" Europe: Islam in German Culture
"Weber's study undertakes a much-needed comprehensive investigation of the contemporary 'regime of gender violence,' that is, the key role violence has played in defining the position of Muslims in the German public sphere (in the larger European context). Through nuanced theorizing as well as careful historical contextualization, Weber develops an intersectional framework for analyzing gendered violence in a way that does not reinforce racialized discourses of cultural and/or religious difference." [more...]
Palgrave Macmillan, January 2013
ISBN: 978-1-137-00708-7, ISBN10: 1-137-00708-7